Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, meaning we may earn a commission from purchases made through them. However, the price and quality of recommended products/services remain unaffected. We only endorse trusted items for our readers.
From a general viewpoint, marketing is seen as the practice of recognizing and meeting customer needs. It is an essential task in the business context, as successful marketing efforts can attract many customers.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing can be any marketing method handled through electronic devices which employ some form of a computer. This involves any kind of online marketing efforts conducted on the internet. A business can make use of websites, search engines, videos, social media email, and related channels to reach customers.
There are several tools for digital marketing that companies ṁon today. Failing to take advantage of the best tools for digital marketing means that your business might fall behind your competition.
How is digital marketing used to promote films?
The film industry is always looking out for advanced marketing strategies to promote a movie and target an audience. Today the digital promotion of films has gone beyond releasing teasers or trailers in the theatres.
The marketing team spends huge efforts to display well-structured film marketing strategies in order to get the audience queuing up to purchase the tickets. Film distribution should be in the process of producing a movie, however, most of the time it is not given much importance.
Many filmmakers are more concerned about production, post-production, etc. For filmmakers, it is not easy to compare their films with products or brands, but finally, they become one of them, since the main aim of the movie is to reach a target audience.
Handling all your social media marketing in one place can save a lot of time. Buffer fits the bill with its simple interface and instinctive setup flow. With Buffer, you get a complete social media management solution.
Buffer’s main feature is the ability to draft and schedule posts for sharing across multiple social networks. It is known to be one of the best digital marketing tools for small businesses.
- With just a click, you can share content and schedule posts through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- The buffer extension for Chrome is a helpful addition.
- Buffer analytics shows your best and worst performing posts based on engagement
- Clean and simple layout.
- You can integrate blog feeds to present you with sources of content to post out.
- No Instagram integration
- No monitoring tools present for mentions, searches, and hashtags
- Free Version
- Goes up to $199 per month
If you are an online business person looking for an email marketing provider, ConvertKit is the best choice for you. ConvertKit’s purpose is to help small businesses and bloggers to expand their audience and convert their email subscribers into paying customers. ConvertKit is unique among most other email marketing platforms. It highlights functionality and effectiveness above anything else.
- Best-in-class deliverability
- Simple & easy-to-use
- The metrics feature is amazing
- Administers automation to save entrepreneurs both time and money.
- Robust tagging system for targeting users with optimized emails.
- Expensive when compared to competitors
- Lacks integrations with eCommerce platforms
- Not suitable for managing multiple clients
- Not enough templates to get up and running within an hour.
- Free Version
- $29 per month for a maximum of 1000 contacts.
- $49 per month for a maximum of 3000 contacts.
- $79 per month for a maximum of 5000 contacts.
It is a creative film project management tool designed to help filmmakers, photographers, and new media houses build personalized call sheets, import scripts, build storyboards, and many more to maintain production processes.
It offers customizable solutions so that production companies can maintain all their productions in a single place. It is also a great tool to help in selling screenplays.
- Accessible on mobile as well as desktop
- Options for small-scale and large-scale productions
- Consistent, industry-standard formatting for every document
- Aids with collaboration and communication between talent, crew, or clients
- Defaults to a pre-set production layout that takes a lot of time to customize
- Inability to allocate tasks to individual team members
- Focused mainly on video production, but tools can be adapted for photography and new media
- Free Version
- $19.00 per feature, per month.
Another amazing SEO tool, SEMrush enables you to keep a track of the position of your priority keywords and explore new terms to rank for. The tool’s breakdown of keyword ideas, complexity, and variations are excellent for brainstorming content ideas and identifying search intent.
Approximately 8 million marketing professionals are using SEMRUSH as their digital marketing tool. The tool is convenient to use where you just need to search out your keyword strategies, implement them and start tracking them.
- Helps in raising organic traffic with the SEO tools and workflow
- Assist in building content that ranks
- Uncovers competitor’s strategies and tactics
- Helps you discover the ways of reaching more prospects with minimal spending
- Supports in building social media strategies.
- The user interface is not very user-friendly
- A disadvantage in case of subsequent logging
- If you are a beginner, it might take some time to get used to the tool
- Free Version
- Pro – $119.95
- Guru – $229.95
- Business – $449.95
Ahrefs is the standard tool when it comes to brainstorming keyword ideas and chances to rank. Ahrefs is an excellent tool not only for competitive analysis but also for ensuring that your current content is up to snuff for search.
It enables you to check out who is linking to your competitors, their top pages, and many more. This tool is one of the most sought-after analytics tools for digital marketing.
- Let you optimize your website.
- Let you find the appropriate websites for your content
- User experience balances loads of information with a clean design well.
- It is a comprehensive SaaS tool that extends snippets of testimonials and a data index
- Keyword suggestions do not have a relevancy score.
- No outreach tool
- Web traffic stats are not as robust as other tools
- Free trial
- $99 per month
BuzzSumo is a content research tool that recognizes top influencers in your industry and helps you interact with them. You can look for trending topics and determine the scope of your search to produce trending content aimed at your desired audience.
Even if you do not do much with the data initially, each search will help you understand your competition and target audience better.
- Simplifies the process of locating popular content for a specific topic
- Easy to filter results
- Locates key influencers
- Enables segmentation of influencers
- Renders automated email alerts about competitor content
- Doesn’t do well in backlink analysis
- Sometimes brings up irrelevant articles
- Not clear if a post gained a lot of shares because it was boosted
- Free trial
- Pro – $99 per month
- Plus – $179 per month
- Large – $299 per month
7. Google Workspace
Google Workspace which was previously G Suite is a valuable tool for individuals as well businesses worldwide.
Google Workspace is much more than just email. This tool includes various apps and features that can come in quite handy.
It is a combination of business, collaboration, productivity, as well as education software developed by Google.
The primary tools include Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google+, Sites, Hangouts, Slides, Forms, Calendar and Google Keep. It is an ideal tool for storage as well as management.
- User-friendly interface
- Compatible with almost all the devices
- Your teams will be able to work on the same project
- Manages everything for you enabling you to better build your brand.
- Reliable business software with no scheduled downtime.
- No forms in emailing clients
- Document conversion issues
- The free package has limited storage space
- If you delete Gmail or Drive data, it can be recovered from the admin console within a limited time.
- Free Version
- Business Starter – $6 per month
- Business Standard – $12 per month
- Business Plus – $18 per month
- Enterprise – Customizable
8. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a powerful digital marketing tool that can help you with various marketing decisions. It is one of the best analytics tools for digital marketing. You can easily keep track of your e-commerce business and the goals that can help keep your company on track.
Google Analytics is equipped with features that can help users recognize trends and patterns in how viewers engage with their websites. Features facilitate data collection, analysis, visualization, reporting, and integration with other applications.
If you are using the free version for your website,, upgrade to Google Analytics 4 which was released in Nov 2020.
- Measure your website’s performance
- Comprehend if your marketing efforts are working
- Divide users into different segments
- Optimize website pages to boost conversions
- Gives you information about traffic on your website that is divided by devices, products, pages, etc.
- You will be able to share the insights with the help of various reporting tools.
- Let you visualize the data suiting business requirements.
- Dashboards aren’t suitable for marketing reports
- Not efficient in analyzing behavior through the entire funnel
- It is not entirely independent
- Google Analytics can be confusing for new users
- Free Version
- Google Analytics 360 or Google Analytics Premium is $150,000 per year
If you are in digital marketing, you will recognize the necessity for a quality design tool that can assist you to create attractive social media posts and other things in marketing.
Canva is a drag-and-drop graphic design tool that allows users to generate images using custom pictures, icons, shapes, and fonts. It offers an aesthetically pleasing, effective way to design your logos, presentations, images, or graphs based on your team’s needs.
- You will be able to edit posts and create graphs
- The tool incorporates numerous templates.
- boasts a massive library of stock images, icons, photos, designs, and vectors you can use to create any type of visual content
- You can choose from a massive collection of designs, such as a postcard, brochures, CD covers, resumes, certificates, wallpaper, book covers, blog banners, cards, posters, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Provides readily accessible approved fonts and colors
- It is not possible to change the dimensions of an image once you start
- You can’t combine content for exporting
- Can get slow with multiple pages and several design objects per page
- No output to keynote, PowerPoint, or other design tools formats.
- Free Version
- $12.95/month for teams
- Custom pricing for enterprises
Trello is one of the best digital marketing tools for small businesses that helps you to execute projects and stay on the same page as your team–a quality digital marketing practice if you want to save time and effort.
Trello is so appealing as it is free for small teams and businesses, and it presents a visual approach to brainstorm and schedule content online — even if your team is remote or global.
- You will be able to create cards and incorporate notes on the card topic while formulating deadlines and assigning topics to different teams.
- Promotes remote working where your teams can access their projects from anywhere
- Convenient to keep track of their daily tasks using just one platform
- The software is not just limited to businesses, it can also be used for making personal lists as well
- It relies on the availability of data for it to function
- The commenting feature requires improvement.
- It has limited storage.
- Not suitable for complex projects
- Free Version
- $20.83 per month for enterprise
- Third-party plugin for XML sitemaps.
- It automatically generates XML sitemaps for websites and presents them to search engines.
- You can protect your RSS feed from plagiarism and content scrapers.
Zoom is a video communications app that enables you to set up virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, screen-sharing, or any other collaborative capabilities.
It is an essential tool for small, medium, as well as large-sized teams who need to keep in touch and maintain their daily workflows with minimum disruption.
Zoom video conferencing is praised for its ease of use, high-quality video and audio, and the basic version is completely free of charge.
- Ability to host very large online conferences.
- Ability to stream any meeting or webinar on Facebook.
- Zoom is completely compatible with Google Calendar Support
- Easy to use
- Too Many Subscriptions and Add-Ons
- Does not have the ability to delete inappropriate comments
- inconsistent Cloud File Sizes
- Plugins often show incompatibility with iOS and Android platforms
- Free Version
- Pro – $14.99 per month
- Business – $19.99 per month
- Enterprise – $19.99 per month
Grammarly is an online grammar check tool that includes the style, tone, and clarity. The Grammarly check will search for standard grammar issues, as well as excessive passive voice, wordy sentences, and more.
It presents real-time suggestions to enhance your text and works across various platforms. From correcting your spelling mistakes to improving your phrasing, it’s an exceptional tool for all types of writing.
- You can use it almost anywhere
- Very convenient
- The app presents you with the best way of editing your content in real-time
- Provides a simple explanation of the errors made
- Grammarly app has a high rate of accuracy.
- Auto-save mode
- The free version is limited
- Grammarly doesn’t work on Google Docs
- No way to change the spelling from the US to the UK
- Free Version
- Premium – $12.00 per month
- Business – $12.50 per month
With such a large variety of digital marketing tools, it is necessary to understand how each one will help you to help drive results. With the help of these tools, you will be able to promote your film blog and attain digital success!
Find the tools that support your marketing efforts, and spend the time getting to know them. Keep adding new tools to your kit, but don’t drop the old ones just because something fresh has turned up.